Digimap for Schools Privacy Notice
About this notice
This privacy notice provides information about how EDINA and the University of Edinburgh collects and uses your personal information in relation to your subscription to and use of Digimap for Schools.
This privacy notice uses “you” to mean any individual about whom we collect and hold personal data.
What information might we collect about you?
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data:
- your contact details such as name, title, organisation address, telephone numbers, personal or work e-mail address
- other relevant personal information. For example, if you are booking a place at a conference or event, the conference organisers may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies
- customer feedback. We may carry out customer research by providing customers with access to feedback questionnaires. Although this feedback is anonymous, the questionnaires provide the opportunity for free text comments, in which a customer may supply personally identifiable information about themselves, other customers or members of staff
- your IP address
How is your personal data collected?
You give us your personal data through the information collected about you in order to subscribe to Digimap for Schools, take a payment from you, respond to an email relating to an enquiry etc. We capture this information as it is necessary to fulfil the subscription contract.
You may also give us your personal data when you sign up to receive updates about our service, including newsletters, service changes, improvements and downtimes.
As a visitor to http://digimapforschools.edina.ac.uk/ we record your IP address; we do this so that we can monitor service user engagement.
How will we use the information about you?
The information you provide to Digimap for Schools will be used by EDINA and the University of Edinburgh to:
- manage your subscription
- manage the payment processes between you and the University
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- event administration
- process any complaint you submit
- maintain or develop systems and processes
- meet legislative, statutory, contractual and audit requirements
- improve service levels
- update you on service changes, improvements and downtimes
- notify you of webinars, training events and conferences
Digimap for Schools is provided in association with Ordnance Survey, National Library of Scotland, Getmapping and CollinsBartholomew, we will share your information with these partners where the information is required to run the service.
We will hold the personal data you provided us for five years after the end of your subscription. We will hold IP address information for five years from the date of visit.
If we correspond with you regarding Digimap for Schools, we will hold your contact details in our call management system for no less than 7 years in accordance with the Privacy Notice applicable to the call management system: https://www.ed.ac.uk/information-services/computing/comms-and-collab/unidesk/privacy-notice
You can access our cookies policy here http://digimapforschools.edina.ac.uk/cookie-policy/
If you have any questions, please contact the EDINA helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 650 3302.